Songs that make you want to hug your mom on Mother's Day
Apple selling streaming subscriptions through its TV app
Facebook Bans Foreign Ads On Irish Abortion Referendum
Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez banned for six months after failing two drugs tests
20 April 2018, 12:38 | Rudolph Thomas
Golovkin Mocks Alvarez Tainted Meat Claim
The hearing panel voted to hand down a one-year ban, reduced to six months because Alvarez had cooperated with their investigation.
That's not Golvkin's fault, and he's grabbed a new opponent for Cinco de Mayo weekend. But Alvarez tested positive for clenbuterol.
The soonest Alvarez (49-1-2) can fight again is August 17.
He was forced to withdraw from a world middleweight title rematch against Gennady Golovkin after their first bout in September ended in a draw. Today, however, Vanes Martirosyan answered the call and as a result, will take on the seemingly impossible challenge that Golovkin will present over twelve rounds in the Stubhub Center, Carson, California. We all would rather be getting ready for the fight with Canelo, but there is nothing we could do about that.
Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 knockouts) was temporarily suspended by the commission on March 23.
"Martirosyan is an experienced fighter who has faced and defeated important fighters".
"We hope he can get back in the ring as soon as possible", Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler said of Alvarez last week.
At a hearing in Las Vegas, the commission unanimously approved a deal that will see Alvarez suspended for six months from the date of his failed test on February 17.
"I am truly shocked about what has happened and for those who have doubts and suspicions about my integrity I have always been and always will be [a] clean fighter", he said.
But with Alvarez suspended there was too little time between the hearing and the fight do promoters chose to cancel the bout.
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the brutish Mexican puncher who's been fighting professionally since 15 and Golovkin, the undefeated Kazakh who is considered by many to be the best active fighter in the sport, met in a much-publicized event at the T-mobile Arena - dubbed "Supremacy".
"Vanes dropped [Demetrius] Andrade; he lost a close decision to [Jermell] Charlo that a lot of people thought he won and he lost a competitive fight with Erislandy Lara".
Syria attack 'very soon or not so soon at all!'
Speaking to reporters at the White House later in the day, Trump said a decision had not yet been made on a course of action. Asked about the risks of US military retaliation, Mattis cited two concerns, starting with avoiding civilian casualties.
Ford set to take Mustang racing next year
Ford will fully unveil the new Mustang after testing is completed and the design has been approved by NASCAR later this year. "There's been a lot of speculation and calls for Mustang to be on the track", said Ford Australia boss Graeme Whickman .
Key for Houston Rockets? Clint Capela Video
But the best look the Timberwolves managed was a 32-foot jumper from Crawford, who missed badly and the game went into overtime. He's no Harden or Paul, but Mbah a Moute played a strong supporting role in all four Rockets wins over the Wolves this year.
New Zealand strike double gold in rugby sevens
Etene Nanai-Seturo opened the scoring for New Zealand after two minutes and Vilimoni Koroi's conversion gave them a 7-0 lead. In front of a packed stadium, Kelly Brazier broke two exhausted tackles and ran 75-metres to score the golden point victor .
Dire Straits enters Rock Hall without Knopfler
But while he was excited about the Rock Hall honors, Ocasek downplayed the chance for a future Cars album without Benjamin Orr. Both Sambora and Such rocked out with the current lineup of Bon Jovi for the group's full performance.
Punches thrown in Yankees-Red Sox baseball fight
Colorado star Nolan Arenado charged the mound after being a pitch from San Diego's Luis Perdomo threw a pitch behind him. Yankees hitting coach Marcus Thames used both hands to shove Austin all the way across the infield toward the NY dugout.